Friday, May 29, 2015

Plein Air Camp Hill Tonight!

Hello Everyone,

This evening is the opening for Plein Air Camp Hill. This year I decided to challenge myself and paint a subject that constantly moves, horses. For me, this was a much longer process than the typical landscape painting executed en plein air. I spent the preceding weeks sketching horses from life to learn their anatomy and movement. This was important because during plein air competitions you cannot use photography in the creation of your work, and I knew the horses would not pose for me for the final painting. I also created a barn painting, one of my favorite subjects to paint. However the horses, while very challenging, were a delight to paint, and I may continue to explore painting animals en plein air.

Click here for more information on the Collector's Preview Party this evening.

Painted Paints
Oil on linen panel, 12x16
$1,500, framed.

Evening Paint
Oil on linen panel, 11x14
$1,200, framed.

Fresh Hay Bales
Oil on linen panel, 11x14
$1,200, framed.

No comments: