Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It Was Very Hot!!

Plein Air Easton was very hot-in many ways. The heat index was in the triple digits, the artists were world-class, the paintings were incredible, and the sales were awesome!

I painted mostly in Oxford and Blackwater Wildlife Refuge. After a couple days of being out in the sun, the heat was getting to me and I had to take it easy. One artist did get heat exhaustion, but he recovered for the Preview Party which was beautifully done with great food, music and art.

My Quick Draw painting sold within 30 minutes after I started it, and I still had and hour and a half to go. Awards judge and master artist Don Demers gave me an honorable mention for my painting.

Below are an assortment of images for your enjoyment, as well as my sold paintings from the event. My next endeavor will be Local Color Plein Air in New Hope, PA, August 6th-August 11th. Be sure to come to this event and see beautiful artwork being created on the spot in historic Bucks County.

See more at www.JasonTako.com

Hinckley Mist, 11"x14", $1,200
SOLD at Plein Air Easton!
 
Patrons and collectors viewing freshly created paintings at the kick-off dinner Saturday night. Half the paintings created that evening sold.
 
Evening at Blackwater, 8"x10", $500
SOLD at Plein Air Easton!
 
Beverly Ford Evans (left) and Roger Dale Brown (second from right) talk shop with some of the competition artists at the kick-off dinner.
 
Clouds Over Blackwater, 6"x8", $300
SOLD at Plein Air Easton!
 
Artists John Brandon Sills and Stewart Burgess White entering into the Easton Academy Art Museum for the Collector's Preview Party.
 
Artists Greg LaRock, Hiu Lai Chong and Sara Linda Poly at the Collector's Preview Party.
 
Soft and Silent, 9"x12", $1,000
This obviously was not done at Plein Air Easton, but it SOLD there as a replacement painting.
 
Artists Ken Dewaard (left) and Thomas Jefferson Kits (right) talk with collectors at the Awards Ceremony. Ken received the Artist's Choice Award!
 
Thousands of art enthusiasts and collectors came to the Quick Draw in downtown Easton to see and buy paintings that were created from start to finish in two hours or less.
 
My Quick Draw painting, UmbrellasSOLD within 30 minutes after I started. I was awarded an Honorable Mention from Don Demers. Umbrellas was 6"x8", $300.
 
All the Quick Draw award winners. It was an incredible honor to be recognized along with these other great artists.
 
 
See more at www.JasonTako.com

No comments: